This recipe makes 4 regular sized pizzas
1. Make Dough
- Combine yeast, sugar, and lukewarm water. Let it bloom for 5 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, gradually add flour, salt, and the bloomed yeast mixture. Mix on low until the dough comes together. Slowly add oil until no shine remains.
- Increase speed to medium-high and mix for 5 minutes. Dough will be sticky at this stage. Then, mix on high until the dough pulls away from the sides and makes a slapping sound.
- Slap and fold the dough on a table few times to form a ball. Grease a bowl, place the dough inside, and cover with a damp cloth. Proof at room temperature for an hour until it doubles in size.
2. Shape Balls
- After resting for 1 hour, divide the dough into 4-5 balls depending on the pizza size you want to make.
- Shape the balls to have a smooth outer surface and keep it for proofing for an hour (covered) or until they double in size.
- Take 1 ball and cover in flour/semolina. Roll it out using your hand. Start pushing from the center and go towards the edge. This makes sure that air is also pushed towards the edge. Leave a thicker edge. Stretch the middle part using both hands as needed.
- Apply toppings and bake. Preheat the oven for at least half an hour and bake at around 330-350 °C in a wood fired or gas fired oven for about 90 seconds or until the pizza bakes evenly. Keep on rotating the pizza every 20-30 seconds for an even bake until golden brown.
We recommend TWF Active Dry Yeast for best results.